The Antwerp Zoo
The Antwerp Zoo is a must-see for every visitor!
Apart from the many animals that are kept, the architecture of the zoo buildings are breathtaking.
With it's opening in 1843, it's the oldest zoo of Belgium and one of the oldest in the whole world.
Every year, more than 1 million people come to visit this zoo.
It has even an international fame through her scientific research and breeding programs.
In 2007, it was awarded the title of 'most beautiful and best preserved 19th century city zoo in the world'. Pretty promising, don't you think?
What's there to see?
- Lots of animals, of course. The Antwerp Zoo has thousands of animals, which count for almost 350 different species. All this you can see on a territory that is 22(!) football fields large.
- All animals reside in magnificent environments and lots of those buildings are protected monuments.
- Next to that, you'll find amazing statues that will thrill you!
- Through your walk, you'll see lots of information and interaction panels, and playgrounds for the kids. You'll learn a bit of every animal the fun way!
- At the entrance, you'll see a panel that tells you what's happening that day. You'll know exactly when and where they feed the animals, when the sea-lion or seal show starts and so on.
- And, of course, there's a superb restaurant waiting for you!
Back to Top
Where is it?
You don't have to walk far to find the entrance, it's right next to the central train station.
The exact location is Koningin Astridplein 26.
When is the Antwerp Zoo open?
Zoo Antwerp is open every day:
- from 10 am to 7 pm (July-August)
- from 10 am to 6 pm (May, June and September)
- from 10 am to 5.30 pm (October, March and April)
- from 10 am to 4.45 pm (November, December, January and February)
What's the price?
A ticket for an adult is 22,50 euro.
If you're a student (18-25 years old); older than 60; between 3 and 18 years old or have a disability, then you'll only pay 17,50 euro.
Kids under 3 years old go for free.
With the Antwerp City Card you get a discount of 25%, next to all the other benefits that this card has to offer you! Click here to read more!
You are here:
Things to Do in Antwerp
Like This Page?